FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Satisfactory Academic Progress of Federal Financial Aid
The goal of the Financial Aid Office is to provide a financial package to cover the difference between the student’s budget and the amount revealed by his or her official need analysis. Current students and prospective students are urged to file an application for financial aid early and follow-up on any additional information needed to make an award. The University’s Financial Aid Office, which is located on the first floor of Delany Hall, is available to assist with the application process.
As staff at Saint Augustine’s University (SAU), we believe any student who wishes to pursue their educational goals should be able to do so. As part of that commitment, our Financial Aid and Scholarships office will work with you to receive the financial assistance you need to attend SAU.
If you think you will need assistance, the first step is to complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form. Saint Augustine’s University Federal School Code is 002968. Your information must then go through the process of verification.
A FSA ID is required to complete the FAFSA, and for more information on financial aid, scroll down.
Who is Eligible for Aid?
To be eligible to receive financial aid assistance, the applicant must:
- Be admitted and currently enrolled at least half time as an undergraduate.
- Graduate students are not eligible for Federal Aid at SAU.
- Be enrolled or accepted in an eligible degree seeking program at Saint Augustine’s University.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or eligible non-citizen.
- Have a valid Social Security number (except for students from Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau).
- Demonstrate financial need (for most programs).
- Currently maintaining Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) toward the completion of his or her academic program.
- Not be in default on any prior student loans; do not owe a repayment on any Title IV financial aid.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The priority filing date is January 1st.
- Not have been convicted of possessing or selling of illegal drugs.